Join Our Team, We’re Hiring
We are a high-functioning, independently owned financial planning and independent investment advisory firm serving clients throughout the Kentuckiana areas.
We offer concierge-level service to wonderful individuals and families, often during times of major life-changes. Our job is to help to educate the communities that we serve about sound financial planning practices. We do this with a mix of public and private client events. Our events range in scale from smaller events of less than 20 people to larger events with more than 100 people.
Additionally, we create digital content so that we can share this important information with those who are unable to attend our events but would still like to learn valuable information and have us as their point of contact for questions concerning their finances.
Event Planner Job Description:
Your primary duties include basic administrative tasks and communication with clients, vendors, team members and top producers. You will be the person responsible for booking events, creating invitations and invite lists, compiling all collateral necessary for events and you will be the main on-site point person for ensuring events flow smoothly.
Post-event, you will track all event data accurately and update our data ledgers with the results. You will present the compiled data to our team regularly, so your spreadsheets will need to be up to date, accurate and backed up in all required places. Because we have multiple events each month in different locations, all of the content and data will need to be kept in an organized fashion, according to the event management systems.
As a client-facing team member, you will initiate invitations to the public, our clients and their guests and then receive RSVPs for multiple events at multiple venues. You will need to be friendly and welcoming at all times and never show the “underbelly” of the event planning to our guests.
As a vendor-facing team member, you will need to be timely, courteous, helpful, organized and you will need to keep accurate records. We consider our vendors an extension of our team and therefore want to help them create an excellent experience for our guests. Additionally, your records will be requested frequently for audit and they need to be kept in good order, accessible and accurate.
You will also cross-train and provide support for our Client Relations Desk Representatives, helping them to initiate paperwork for clients per their requests, help process forms, communicate with the client throughout the process and keep accurate records. Additional responsibilities could include performing file audits.
Opportunity for growth is available and attainable by cross-training to other positions/responsibilities, if the need arises, a proficiency is evident and you are motivated to grow.
Event Planner Job Responsibilities:
- Basic administrative tasks
- Event planning, event execution & post-event analyses
- Invitation design
- Internal and public mailer production
- Event RSVP management
- Marketing in the community
- Accurate data report & statement processing
- File management
- File audits
- Database updates/management
- Writing, proofreading
- Website updates
Preferred Work Experience:
Event Planning, Service & Hospitality, Sales, Appointment Setting/Calendar Management, Data Entry & Tracking
Event Planner Job Requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel
- Knowledge of PC and Apple products
- Not easily distracted
- Good personality/presence (in person, on phone, in written communication)
- Excellent file management, (per internal system and compliance standards)
- Accurate calendar maintenance
- Adherence to compliance standards
- Ability to talk with clients and vendors/Affiliations
- Data tracking
- Availability at daytime and evening events several times per month
- Personable; enjoying the company of others, Contributing to the community in fun, meaningful ways
- Communication & listening skills
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP)
- Event planning experience
- Beautiful handwriting
- Loves doing paperwork
- Experience with aging adults
- IT proficient and accepting of new technologies
- Service experience (i.e.- server, bartender, host)
Apply if you have the following experience:
Event planning, service/hospitality industry, sales, schedule/calendar management, finance, insurance, bank teller